Please place your orders as usual, we will ship them when we return July 19.
Bio-Wool and Silky Wool
Bio Wool Wool Stuffing
This high quality, U.S.A grown wool is blended specifically for extra softness and resilience. 30% organic content. OKEO TEK certified Standard 100, guaranteed to be free of harmful or toxic substances.
A 12 or 16 inch doll will need a half pound of wool, a 20 inch doll will require a pound.
- PROPER GRAZING METHODS: Growers rotate pastures to prevent overgrazing and soil erosion. Proper grazing creates a higher quality wool and protects the health of the sheep
- PREDATOR FRIENDLY: Trained sheep dogs guard the flock. Natural predators are not poisoned, trapped, or shot.
- HEALTHY VETERINARY PRACTICES: Only certain kinds of medications and supplements can be used to treat the sheep. Sheep raised in open pastures are healthier and require less vet care.
- FIELDS PROTECTED FROM PESTICIDES: No use of herbicides and pesticides on fields where the sheep will be grazing. Wool is spot tested to ensure that no harmful chemicals have been used.
- OPPOSE CHEMICAL PROCESSING OF THE WOOL: This wool is not carbonized (dipped in strong acid to dissolve residual matter), dipped (at many farms, sheep are dipped in pesticides), or bleached.
- SHEEP FRIENDLY: Highly skilled shearing crews trained to shear the sheep with as much care and as harmlessly as possible.
Silky Wool Stuffing
- Clean, combed carded wool, for stuffing toys and dolls.
- This is very soft and silky wool batting with long, quality staple fibers.
- A little more 'sheepy' smell than the Bio wool above.
- Natural offwhite.