Knitted Fairy Tale Folk Patterns
Knit up a story, once upon a time..... Included are patterns to knit a King, Queen, Witch, Wizard, Princess, Knight, Maiden and Woodsman. Dolls are knit in stockinette stitch. Clothing patterns and instructions are also included.
Required yarns to knit the bodies:
- Size 4 needles
- Per doll you will need sport weight yarn - 40 yards for body color and 18 yards for face and hands color
Required for clothing and accessories:
- STUFFING: Each doll needs approximately 1 oz. of stuffing material
- HAIR: Each doll needs about 8" of 1" thick wool roving or similar doll hair fiber. Roving can be straight, wavy or curly.
- THREAD: sewing thread to match hair and trims
- FACE: a yard each of eye and mouth colors in fingering weight yarn or embroidery threads embroidery thread.
- SKIN: Skin color yarn of your choosing.
- SEE Picture for body color yarn ideas, hair color, trim and felt pieces (For example: Lace, trim and pearls or beads for queen's neck)
- Felt colors for each character: (These are suggestions. You can choose any color you wish!)
- Queen: ecru for veil, bordeaux for dress, dark yellow for diamond on dress
- King: royal blue for tunic, red for diamond on tunic, purple for mantle
- Witch: green for leaves and hat band, black for dress and hat
- Wizard: yellow for star on hat and moon on robe, purple for robe
- Princess: Pink for dress, lavender for heart on dress
- Knight: Red for tunic, yellow for shield on tunic, brown for cape
- Woodsman: brown for hat, green for feather, tunic and belt
- Maiden: yellow for kerchief and apron, ecru for dress